Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Turkey Letter Discrimination Freebie

It's never too late for a Thanksgiving freebie! I plan to make another one of these for Christmas very soon! I let my speech kids do this in between turns sometimes instead of playing a game. I thought it was a pretty functional way to indirectly address letter discrimination with frequently reversed letters. Students can color the page according to the key or use clear bingo chips to save on paper/ink. Works great with small groups and independent centers.

I also tucked in a little math at the bottom of the page. (We have the visual color representation of turkeys.....why not?!)

I purchased little plastic containers at The Dollar Tree to hold the bingo chips. I think there were 8 containers in a pack. I packed each one with only the colors of bingo chips they needed for the activity. (I stole the bingo chips from several other games in my room.) Crayons also work if you don't have a strict copy limit at your school! I found these Dry Erase Pockets on Amazon, but I also saw them at Hobby Lobby recently near the coin collecting section.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Thanksgiving-Letter-Discrimination-for-tricky-b-d-p-q-983975
Get your turkey freebie here!

No comments: