Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas music that doesn't drive me nuts....

As I sit here watching Christmas in Rockefeller Center, I can't help but think how much I like new spins on old Christmas songs. I pretty much love any song covered by a different artist....or a "Crossroads" type of mix with two different artists. (Maybe this started for me when RUN-D.M.C. and Aerosmith teamed up for "Walk This Way" when I was a kid!) There are so many great Christmas song covers out there, but it seems like radio stations play the same old recorded versions. I love Bing Crosby as much as the next guy......but have you ever heard Otis Redding sing White Christmas? It is awesome! I first discovered it on the Love Actually soundtrack. It's not Christmas until I watch Love Actually a couple of times. (Except for the time I watched it with my mother-in-law at the theater. That was a little awkward for both of us. :) The entire Love Actually soundtrack is fantastic......Maroon Five, Kelly Clarkson, Norah Jones, Dido, Wyclef Jean, and Joni Mitchell. Now that is an eclectic mix. (Told you I'm a random person.) Olivia Olson's version of "All I Want for Christmas is You" is so cute. I have tried my best to learn to play "Glasgow Love Theme" by Craig Armstrong on the piano because of this movie. The soundtrack is not all Christmas music, so it's well worth the $6.99!





What is your favorite Christmas song? I think mine has to be "All I Want for Christmas is You."

What Christmas song drives you nuts? "Wonderful Christmas Time" is hands down the most annoying to me. And I love the Beatles.

No comments: