Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Pirate Themed Classroom Door

I have had the same thing on my speech room door for a few years, and it's starting to look a little worn. I am not ready to change from my pirate theme just yet....but I could spend days on Pinterest searching for the perfect door! I am in a bit of a pickle though. I put that burlap on my door with a pretty high powered glue gun. I didn't realize I had such an industrial strength glue gun until other teachers on my hall started borrowing it because it will hold anything to wood, metal, or even the dreaded old cinder block wall. (South GA humidity wins every time when trying to adhere something to a painted cinder block wall with clear packing tape.) Anyway, the burlap has apparently become one with my door. If I ever remove it, I think I will have to bring a chisel and a power sander to work with me. :) Thankfully, I treated all of the edges with some Dritz Fray Check the first day I glued it to the door. I will admit it beats covering my door with paper every single season. Anyway, Ms. Parker and I only shared this classroom for about 2 weeks after I hot glued everything in place! She also changes her hairstyle frequently, so I never could have kept up with her pirate character! hee hee! Ms. Parker's pirate earring was stolen immediately after I pierced her ear. My pirate needs cosmetic ear lobe reconstruction surgery due to being tugged on a few too many times. (The joys of having a therapy room closest to the restrooms....right where everyone lines up to wait!)

It's hard to see the words in the sign, but it says "We'll help you fix your ARGH!"


No comments: